Rights and Responsibilities
As a Health Net Cal MediConnect Plan member you have the right to:
- Get information in a way you will know it. We can give you information in other languages. We can give you information in large print, or other formats.
- Be treated with fairness and respect at all times.
- Get covered services and drugs in a timely manner.
- Have Health Net protect your health information by not telling people not involved in your healthcare or not authorized by you about your health.
- See your medical record.
- Get information about the plan, network providers and covered services.
- Not get charged directly by network providers.
- Make decisions about your healthcare on your own.
- Make complaints about your care.
- Ask us again to approve a request that was originally denied.
As a member, you need to:
- Know your covered services.
- Know the rules you must follow to get these covered services.
- Tell us if you have other health insurance.
- Tell us if you have other drug coverage.
- Tell your doctor and other providers that you are enrolled in our plan.
- Help your doctors and other providers help you by giving them the information they need.
- Pay the amounts you are responsible for.
- Ask your doctors any questions you have about your care or medications.
- Follow instructions about your care.
- Tell us if you move.
Call Health Net Cal MediConnect’s Member Services for help if you have questions or concerns. You can request a complete list of Member Rights and Responsibilities or refer to your Member Handbook.
Call Member Services at 1-855-464-3571 (TTY: 711) for Los Angeles County, 1-855-464-3572 (TTY: 711) in San Diego County. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, on weekends and on holidays, you can leave a message. Your call will be returned within the next business day. This call is free.